Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Howling Candy Corn Cookie Bark

Now this is an interesting recipe I've found. I love 'bark candy' and this sounds great. Except I'd probably leave the raisins out (don't like the soft mixed with the hard)
  • 16 Halloween OREO Cookies (coarsely chopped)
  • 1-1/2 cups Mini Pretzel Twists (coarsely broken)
  • 1/3 cup Raisins
  • 2 (6-ounce) pkgs White Baking Chocolate
  • 1/2 cup Candy Corn
  • 1/4 cup Brown and Orange Candy Sprinkles
Spread cookies, pretzels and raisins onto 13x9 inch lightly greased baking sheet or pan.

Place chocolate in small heavy saucepan. Cook on low heat until completely melted, stirring constantly. Drizzle over cookie mixture.

Spread with spatula to evenly coat all ingredients. Top with candy corn and sprinkles. Lightly press into chocolate mixture to secure.

Cool until firm, then break into pieces. Store in airtight container at room temperature.

Makes 20 servings, about 1/3 cup each.

2 comments:

RecipeGirl said...

I made something similar to this one that will be on my blog on Monday AM (the 27th). Be sure to check it out then :)

jhuber7672 said...

Mmm. I love peppermint bark but this sounds tasty, too.