Thursday, October 9, 2008

Candy Corn: Poems

I learned of a book today called Candy Corn: Poems by James Stevenson.

I noticed on the book cover that they left a couple pieces of candy corn in the bowl and spilled 10 others. What a shame.

Here's two poems I read today online:

Pumpkin Poop
Use candy corn, and put them into a little plastic or real pumpkin and tie the poem to it.

I started to carve a pumpkin
With my carving knife and scoop.
But the pumpkin got so scared
He took a little poop.
It looked so cute and funny
Just like a candy treat.
So I'm sharing it with you now
Because you're so sweet.


Candy Corn Poem
Put candy corn in a mug or Halloween bag or box and attach this poem:

Halloween is almost here
goblins and ghosts, oh the fear!
Pumpkins, black cats and witches too,
Bobbing for apples and witches brew.
So jump for joy and sound the horn,
relax and have some candy corn!

2 comments:

Sweet B Folkart said...

Very Cute Blog - and all about Candy corn - who would have thought!!

I think the Hershey Kiss Candy Corns are gross - probably the shape changes the taste!

Ginger said...

I am just a big kid i love the looks of candy corn.As a kid i used them as bunny teeth LOL Have a wonderful Halloween and i'll be back!
hugs ginger